Thursday, July 30, 2009

LEFT BRAIN, RIGHT BRAIN, DOES IT MATTER??

I've been thinking a lot lately about the "left brain, right brain" thought process as it relates to me, and to others who are decorative artists. There are so many tests and optical shows that say they will tell us which "brain" we are. I'm sure most of you have seen the infamous "ballerina" who pirouettes round and round "clockwise" or "counter clockwise" depending on our so called "left or right brain activity"?? She is beautiful as we watch her go round and round and round..... Which way do you see her go around?
When I first looked at her she was going around in a clockwise motion. This means, according to the website, that I am a "right-brain" kind of person. Well, guess what?????
As I watched her go around and around, she changed direction and started turning counter clock-wise, thus favoring my "left brain". Well, I couldn't sit around and just let something like that pass me by so I started playing so called "mind games" with the ballerina. I watched and watched as she gracefully turned around and around, and all of a sudden, I was able to control which way she turned!! I was even able to make her go from side to side without turning all the way around! This totally has me fascinated and I wanted to share the experience with others. I will try to add the link so all of you can see if you are "right or left brained", or perhaps both!
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...

interesting that we can seem to 'control' which way she spins. Glad to see you post here (at least once a month?)

Are you taking the decoart traditions tier 1 class this next month?

Unknown said...

i'm ceo, (dayadevi) google won't take my name and already has my name for its dayadevi@dayadevi.com address; so maddening! so when you see ceo, please excuse the disguise ~~ it's google's idea not mine.

Thomas said...

That is soooo wild. I can ONLY see her rotate clockwise. Thanks for posting this interesting link!

Turning My Fraktur over to Andy Jones

Turning My Fraktur over to Andy Jones
Fraktur Donated to DAC

Snow in Tulsa

Snow in Tulsa
Looking out my hotel window.

Painting with Priscilla March 09

Painting with Priscilla March 09
some of the Basic II students with Priscilla & me helping.

Playing in the Snow in AZ clothes

Playing in the Snow in AZ clothes
Attempt at a snowman

Priscilla's Bug

Priscilla's Bug
My Transportation While in Tulsa